According to the daily mail, 16% of people across the UK love to have poached eggs. But not many people know how to make a perfect poached egg using a poacher pan.
Well, if you also don’t know how to use an egg poacher pan? We are here to help you!
Take an egg poaching pan and fill it with water. Put a little butter into cups and put them inside of the pan. Crack an egg into each cup. Season it with salt and black pepper. Cover the pan with a glass lid and set a timer for 5 minutes. Take out the cooked eggs from the cups using a spoon.
Poaching eggs by whirlpool method is mostly ineffective. And, why ruin the breakfast when you easily poach eggs in a pan. Our professional team researched and came up with various ways to save yourself from all the mess.
So, buckle up and be ready. Because in this article, we will share some amazing tips by which you’ll be cooking a perfect egg every time!
5 Common Types Of Egg Poacher Pans In the UK
Across Britain, the old-school steel plate is the most commonly used method to soft poach an egg. But, manufacturers have now introduced several types.
- Stainless Steel Stovetop Pan
- Nonstick Pan
- Electric Egg Poacher
- Microwave Egg Poacher Cups
- Silicone Egg Poacher Pan
The basic mechanism remains the same during egg poaching in a simple or electric pan.
How Does An Egg Poacher Pan Work?
In a nutshell, in both electric egg poachers and normal pot methods, “steam” is used. An external source of energy creates steam.
As you filled the pot with water and let it boil. Once the lid is placed on the top of the pan, the steam created by boiling water will be trapped within and start cooking eggs.
The only difference in electric or microwave pans is the minimal amount of water compared to standard pots.
Egg Poacher Pans Directions – A Step By Step Guide
Before placing the poacher pan on a hob or fire, it is very important to ensure it’s clean. The amount of water is kept minimal in electric pots for fluffy eggs.
1. Stainless Steel Egg Poachers
Stainless steel egg poacher pans are most used across the UK. Traditionally, cast iron skillets have four holes to hold cups. But now, you can poach up to six eggs in one go.
How To Use A Stainless Steel Egg Poacher?
For perfectly cooked eggs, put a little butter into poaching cups. You can also use nonstick cooking spray.
- Fill the pan with water. Let it boil for 20 minutes.
- Crack an egg into an individual cup.
- Add seasoning according to taste.
- Place the glass lid on top of the pot for 5 minutes.
- Then, take out the poached eggs using a spatula.
The seasoning will enrich the texture, while butter will prevent the egg from sticking to the base.
2. Nonstick Egg Poacher Pan
A nonstick poacher pan is also a type of stovetop pan. It is made up of high-quality aluminium and coated with a nonstick layer.
How To Use A Nonstick Egg Poacher Pan?
Usually, nonstick egg poaching pans are round and have four individual cups. Usually, no cooking oil is required while using them.
- Take a pot and fill it with half water to half.
- Give it a gentle simmer for about a minute.
- Put the poaching cup pan and crack one egg at a time.
- Place the lid on top and cook at medium heat.
- Take out the perfectly poached eggs using a wooden spoon.
The time can vary depending on how runny yolk you want. But after two minutes, the yolk starts turning hard.
Poached Egg In Air Fryer – TikTok Make Me Do It!
This hack may sound unusual to you. But, it is possible to poach your egg in an airfryer. All you need to do is to add hot water in a ramekin. Crack an egg into it. Then put it into the airfryer at 148 °C (300 °F) for 12 minutes. Don’t keep your egg any longer as it can dry out.
3. Electric Egg Poacher
Electric egg poachers are in demand as they can cook in no time. Compared to a stovetop egg poacher pan, they need a little water.
How To Use An Electric Egg Poacher?
Before putting your eggs on an electric plate, ensure that it is dry. You can give it a concise wipe with a paper towel.
Normally, egg cookers come with a small container; a poach plate for two eggs and a pan for hard-boiling.
- Remove the upper plastic tray and add water to the bottom heating element.
- Add butter to the poach plate and crack an egg on each side.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper according to taste.
- Place the lid on the top and plug in to switch.
- Put down the lever button to turn it on.
- As the egg cooker turns on, the light will turn blue.
- Let it simmer and cook eggs for two minutes.
It is strongly advised to not turn on the egg cooker before adding water to its heating element.
4. Microwave Egg Poacher Cups
Microwave poachers are safe and swift. If you’re a fan of traditional egg poaching techniques, this pan is for you.
How To Use Microwave Egg Poacher Cups?
A microwave egg poacher pan can make two eggs at a time. Here’s how to poach an egg in the microwave:
- Add water to both Hollanders.
- Crack an egg into each cup.
- Cover it with a plastic lid and put them in a microwave oven for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, take out Hollander to drain all the excess water.
- Place them on toast and enjoy the well-runny yolk.
Speaking of myself, I personally love this way. The eggs are runny and cooked within minutes.
Xiaoying Cuisine Egg Poaching – How Does It Work?
Take a pan and fill it with water. Let the water boil for 10 minutes at a high temperature. Then, place four small bowls or cups into the water and crack an egg in them. Cover the lid for 5 minutes. Let the bowl cool down and enjoy the most delicious poached eggs.
5. Silicone Egg Poacher
Silicone egg poachers are hot sellers across the UK. The best thing is technical; they are “not a pan” but only a cup.
How To Use a Silicone Egg Poacher?
- Take a pot and fill it with water.
- Let the water boil for about 20 minutes.
- Butter up the surface of silicone cups and crack eggs in them.
- Put the cups in hot water and let them float.
- Cover the pot with a lid for 5 minutes.
Then using a spoon, remove the eggs. You can change the time according to your preference.
Our team at kitchen magician is a big fan of cooking food effortlessly. So, we tested the infamous “Xiaoying Cuisine “ way of using an egg poacher pan.
How Much Water Do You Put In A Poaching Pan?
The rule of thumb for adding water to the poaching pan is that “water must touch the base of the cup.” You can always adjust the quantity depending on your pot size.
How Do You Keep Eggs From Sticking In A Poacher Pan?
For sticking-free cooked eggs, spray a generous amount of cooking oil on the poacher. And sprinkle salt a bit before cracking the egg into a cup.
The oil and salt will prevent an egg from sticking.
How Long Does It Take To Poach An Egg In A Poacher?
About 3 to 5 minutes
Once you cover the poacher with a lid, egg whites will be cooked within 1 minute. The yolk can take up to 2 minutes to get hardened.
Wrapping It Up!
We hope our guide will help you cook perfect poached eggs every time. To save yourself from a mess, always add cooking oil to the base of the pan.
Using plastic wrap is hazardous to health and is not recommended. Make sure that you don’t overfill the pan. Turn the stove to low heat as you put the lid on.
While in the meantime, keep on enjoying and cooking deliciously well-done eggs.