Left saucepan for too long, and now the bottom of your pan is burned. Or, while cooking on high flames, you end with a scorched pan. Well, worry not. It happens to all of us. If you’re looking for a quick solution for how to clean a burnt pan, we got you covered with our tested methods!
If you are in a hurry, here’s the quickest way:
Fill the burnt pan with water and place it at a high temperature. Boil for a few minutes and let the elbow grease soften. Then, add two tablespoons of laundry detergent and stir a bit using a wooden spatula. After 10 minutes, drain all the water and let the pan cool down. Take a damp sponge and scrub the surface. All the burnt bits will quickly get off from the surface.
So, buckle up because, by the end of this article, you’ll be able to remove all the stains and burnt surfaces from your pan and pots.
How To Clean A Burnt Pan?
The best way is by boiling soapy water in it. The soap particles will loosen up the hard residue. And the boiling water will remove all the stains.
It is mandatory to gently scrub your pans with a soft spine afterwards for better results.
Before jumping to methods, gather all the essential things you’ll be using to get all the elbow grease out of pots.
What Can You Use To Clean A Burnt Pan?
Here’s the list of things that you’ll require to get all the burnt food particles from cookware:
- Warm Water
- Baking Soda
- Laundry Detergent
- Table Salt
- Aluminium Foil Or tin Foil
- Lemons Or Lime
You don’t have to gather all the uplisted items. Apart from a soft sponge and water, you can stick to any single essential.
Methods To Clean A Burnt Pan – Quick, Easy and Under Budget
If you search “how to clean a scorched pan?”, hundred of results will pop up, including some random person claiming that you can wash burn stains out from your pots with wine. But how many methods do they try personally? Probably not even a single one.
Well, this is where we came in. Let me assure you that our professional team has picked only the effective methods to get all the elbow grease from your dirty pans.
1. Laundry Detergent – Most Quick Method
You are probably surprised to read it. But, it is the best method to clean a burnt pan’s bottom. It is an efficacious and affordable hack as well.
Cleaning A Burnt Pan With Laundry Detergent
- Fill the burnt pot or pan with water.
- Ensure sufficient water covers the affected areas.
- Place the pot at a high temperature and boil water for 20 minutes.
- Add two tablespoons of laundry detergent into boiling water.
- Drain all the hot water from the pot and let it cool down.
- Give it a delicate scrub with any kitchen liquid soap.
- Rinse and dry afterwards.
2. Baking Soda – Best For Cast Iron Pans
Baking soda is the quick solution to your many kitchen problems. Bicarbonate act as a cleaning agent and is best for killing bacteria and deodorizing.
As avoiding soap on cast iron skillet is best, it is considered best to use regular baking soda.
How To Clean A Burnt Pan With Baking Soda?
- Make a thick paste by mixing hot water and a few tablespoons of baking soda.
- Apply a thin layer of baking soda paste to the residue.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes and scrub it with a steel scourer.
- Get all the black stuff and wash your pan regularly with liquid soap.
How To Clean A Cast Iron Skillet With Burnt On?
Take a butter knife and try to get all the burnt food particles as much as possible. Apply a flimsy layer of baking soda powder to it. Scrub the pan with a scouring pad by applying slight pressure.
Rinse with water afterwards. Not using dish soap on a cast iron pan is highly recommended as it can ruin the seasoning.
3. Vinegar – Best Home Remedy
Vinegar is the most suitable home remedy for heavily burnt pots and pans. Try our tested vinegar method to save yourself from all the trouble.
Cleaning with Vinegar
- Fill the cookware with water and let it boil.
- Add one cup of white vinegar to it and wait for 20 minutes.
- Once the colour water changes, remove the cookware and let it cool down.
- Take a wet sponge and start scrubbing the remaining burnt bits by adding salt.
- Rinse and dry afterwards.
4. Aluminium Foil – Best For Burnt Stains
Aluminium foil works as a heat insulator And is the best cleaning agent. So, next time save yourself from all the fuss and get food debris out using foil.
How To Clean A Burnt Pan Using Aluminium Foil?
- Take aluminium foil and make a ball by wresting it.
- Add a tablespoon of salt and little water to the pan.
- Scrub the hard surface with force.
- Within a few minutes, residue burnt will start breaking.
- Wash with the dishwasher as usual after you get all the burnt surfaces.
5. Table Salt – Most Pocket Friendly
If you’re a fan of cheap cleaning hacks, this solution is for you. This method is simple, easy, and doesn’t include any harsh chemicals.
How To Clean A Burnt Pan With Salt?
- Take a butter knife and get the burnt residue as possible.
- Sprinkle salt on the bottom of the pot or pan.
- Take a metal scouring pad and start scrubbing.
- Add a few spoons full of hot water.
- Scrub until all the burnt surfaces are worn out.
- Rinse and dry with a paper towel once you clean all the burn marks.
Well, we are done without tested methods. We have cleaned the nonstick frying pan to save you from any trouble. Here’s the most affected and quickest way to get all burnt food from nonstick pans and pots.
How To Clean Burnt Non-Stick Pan?
Here’s how you can clean a nonstick pan swiftly:
- Fill the nonstick pan with water and place it at a high temperature.
- Add two tablespoons of baking soda and half a cup of vinegar to it.
- Let the water boil for 10 minutes.
- Once the pan has cooled down, gently scrub it with a paper towel to get all the burnt particles.
- Rinse with dish soap afterwards.
It is strongly advised not to use heavy metal scouring, as it can damage the upper nonstick coating. If you need to stir the water a bit, use a wooden spoon for nonstick cookware.
How To Clean A Burnt Pan With Coke?
The viral coca-cola cleaning hack also inspired our team during the research. We tested it and here’s what we found.
- First, get all the hard burnt residue using a knife.
- Then, add a generous amount of coke to the dirty pot a few inches.
- Wait for a few hours and stir in between.
- Then, begin scrubbing and get all the elbow grease.
- Drain all the coke and wash the pan as usual.
How Do You Clean A Burnt Pan Without Baking Soda?
Many people don’t prefer baking soda for the cleaning process. Aluminium cookware can be damaged while using soda.
- Make a thick mixture by adding 2tbs washing powder to half a cup of vinegar.
- Apply it to the burnt areas of cookware.
- Follow up scrubbing for 5 minutes.
- Add lime or lemon juice and let it soak all the odour.
- Wash with liquid soap as usual.
Wrapping It Up!
Cleaning a burnt pan can be difficult. But we assure you that with our uplisted top tips you’ll be able to do it in no time.
Never use a metal pad while scrubbing the nonstick pans. Baking soda can start oxidization in aluminium pots. It is strongly advised to rinse aluminium pots as soon as possible with warm water.