The pizza-making market stands at a whopping $3.5bn in the UK. According to a survey by pequodspizza, every Brit person enjoys pizza at least once in ten days.
Across the UK, 71% of people prefer frozen pizza over freshly baked for convenience. So, how to use a pizza oven for reheating? What is the right temperature for the pizza oven? Well, with multiple types of pizza ovens, things get confusing.
Regardless of the type of oven preference, i.e. electric or wood-fired pizza oven, the basic rule of thumb remains the same. Roll the pizza dough evenly. Put toppings on and place them on the oven floor. Close the oven door and ensure heat evenly circulates. For a crispy crust, bake it at 500 degrees F.
In a wood-fired oven or an outdoor oven reaching to higher temperature is possible. While using an outdoor pizza oven is highly recommended to use the best pizza oven wood.
Using a pizza oven for the first time? Worry not; we got you covered with our complete guide. So, by the end of this article, you’ll be able to use a pizza oven. So, let’s begin the learning.
How To Use Wood-Fired Pizza Ovens UK?
Most pizza ovens are made of bricks and placed outdoor. They need high heat and take time to reach the desired temperature. Here’s how to use them the right way.
- To start the fire lightning process, open the door and chimney vent.
- Now, place the kindling on the baking surface. Only use the best wood logs to prevent smoke.
- Ignite the fire and ensure even fire into the dome.
- Start adding more logs until the oven temperature reaches to desired heat.
- The temperature should be around 450°F. Ensure safety precautions and use an infrared thermometer to check the heat.
- Close the smoke control vents and move burned wood aside.
- By utilizing a pizza turning peel, place your evenly rolled dough inside.
- Once your pizza cooks evenly, and the crust is golden brown, it’s time to take the pizza from the wood-fired oven.
Usually, it takes one hour to heat your oven fully. If you prefer using a pizza stone, then ensure enough and even heat.
Common Wood Fired Pizza Oven Mistakes
There are a few common wood-fired oven mistakes most people make. Doing so will let you have an uncooked or burnt pizza.
- Not allowing enough time to cure your newly bought brick oven. Bake your new oven for at least 3 hours simultaneously every day of the week.
- While starting the lighting process, it is mandatory to keep pace. Don’t overfill the doom with wood logs. The sudden temperature shock will lead to cracks in the brick dome.
- Once the oven reaches optimum temperature, maintain it by casually throwing small wood chunks.
- Once you’re done cooking pizza, use a stone brush and clean the inner surface of the oven with vinegar.
It is essential to follow the above-listed steps for a perfect pizza every time.
How To Use Metal Pizza Oven?
Metal pizza ovens are the most famous form of outdoor pizza ovens. Here’s how to use them without creating a mess.
- Clean the top grilling and bottom charcoal compartments using a damp rag cloth.
- Place the metal tray in the ash drawer beneath the coal compartment.
- Start putting charcoal into the designated container and light the fire.
- Close the door and open the smoke chimney so that air can circulate.
- Then, after 30 minutes, place even dough on the baking stone.
- Place the stone into the grilling compartment and let it bake for 30 minutes.
Typically, you can bake pizza within 22 to 30 minutes in the metal oven as it reaches high temperatures swiftly.
How To Use A Ooni Pizza Oven?
Ooni Koda 16 pizza oven is small and uses gas for cooking. They are quick and save energy. Here’s how you can cook pizza with an Ooni oven.
- Turn on the gas and ignite the oven.
- Preheat the oven for at least 20 minutes.
- Ensure the 90-degree temperature using an Ooni infrared thermometer.
- Place your pizza using a lightly floured pizza peel.
- Once the cheese starts melting, take out the cooked pizza and rotate the sides.
- Once you notice the even golden crust, turn off the gas and wait 2 minutes before taking out your cooked food.
Using an Ooni gas oven is easy and quick. It’ll take only 30 minutes to cook a delicious meal in it without dealing with any ash or mess.
How To Use An Electric Pizza Oven?
The electric oven is convenient and easy to use. All you need to do is plug in power and set the oven’s temperature to 450 degrees F. Please have a look at our step-by-step guide.
- Turn on the power supply.
- Let the electric oven reach the desired temperature.
- Place the dough with topping inside.
- Let it cook for 30 minutes.
- Once the crust is golden brown and cooking is done, turn down the power supply.
Professional chefs recommend not to open the electric oven door suddenly. Wait for at least 5 minutes to ensure a rich and textural flavour.
Can You Use A Pizza Stone In An Electric Oven?
Yes, you can use a pizza stone in an electric oven.
Ensure that stone is dry because moisture in stone can damage the electric oven. Electric ovens tend to heat faster. Sudden heat shock can crack the surface of the stone.
Before buying the stone, ensure that it is hot oven compatible. As only a few types of pizza stones are electric oven compatible.
How To Use A BBQ Pizza Oven?
If you’re in a hurry and want to enjoy a pizza within three minutes, then BBQ pizza oven Aldi or firebox BBQ oven is the answer to all your prayers.
- Turn on the BBQ grill and let it get hot for 10 minutes.
- Place your oven on the grill.
- Once the temperature is moderate, put the dough using a pizza peel.
- Keep adjusting the dough after every minute.
Take out the cooked pizza once you notice the smooth golden upper crust.
How Long To Cook Pizza In Pizza Oven?
Two To Three Minutes.
If the oven’s temperature is 400 degrees Fahrenheit, you must cook a regular pizza for only two minutes.
Due to the prolonged time, the dough will start to burn, and the sauce will stick to the surface, creating a hot mess.
How To Use A Pizza Oven – Wrapping It Up!
We hope our uplisted pizza oven cooking tips help you cook perfectly every time. Ensure high temperature to cook the dough evenly.
Making pizza using a brick oven required technique and practice. If you prefer a metal pizza oven or an electric oven, then it is imperative to keep an eye on them as they work quickly.
Using oak wood in a wood-fired pizza oven is strongly recommended to prevent excessive smoke.