Kitchen tiles get dirty quite often and cleaning them feels like a huge task! But with the right guide and advice, you can clean tiles in the kitchen easily and quickly.
Tiles in the kitchen, whether on the floor or walls usually get dirty due to steam and oil splashes. That can also make them sticky and greasy. So after detailed research, we have added the best ways to remove the grease so they look shiny and your kitchen looks perfect again!
We have also added an easy way to wash grout from the tiles, so read on as this article will provide complete information on how to clean kitchen tiles with products that are easily available in your home!
These cleaning hacks we added are not only non-toxic but also inexpensive and effective!
Cleaning Kitchen Tiles – The Quick Way
Make a solution using lukewarm water, white vinegar, and liquid soap. Transfer it into a spray bottle. Spray it on the greasy tiles. Wait for 15 minutes. Wipe with a damp cloth afterwards. For tough stains and elbow grease, use borax powder. Rinse and scrub with a paper towel for a glossy finish.
Try our best home remedies to clean sticky kitchen tiles. But, first, gather all the materials you will use.
Required Material To Clean Dirty Kitchen Tiles
- Soap Or Dish Washer
- Baking Soda
- Borax Powder
- Vegetable Oil
- Tooth Brush
- Damp Cloth
- Lemon Juice
7 Effective Ways To Clean Wall Tiles In Kitchen
Many tiles cleaners are available on the market, but they are toxic and can ruin the porcelain polish. Also, they are hazardous to health. Try out tested environment-friendly methods to clean sticky tiles.
1. Vinegar Solution – Eco Friendly
Vinegar is second to none when it comes to cleaning. It is non-toxic and won’t destroy the pattern of the tiles.
How to Clean Sticky Kitchen Tiles With Viniger?
White Vinegar: 1 Cup
Warm Water: 1 Liter
- Make a solution by mixing lukewarm water and vinegar.
- Transfer the solution into a spray bottle.
- Sprinkle the solution on wall tiles and wait 30 minutes to let it settle.
- Gently scrub it to get all dirt.
- If required, repeat the same process.
2. Baking Soda – Best Cleaning Agent
Baking soda is a mild alkali that dissolves dirt into water. It is also best for cleaning the oven tray. It is an organic and budget-friendly way of cleaning grout.
How Can You Clean Dirty Kitchen Tiles With Baking Soda?
Baking Soda: 4 Tbs
Water: 2 Tbs
Liquid Soap: 1 Tbs
- Gently mix baking soda with liquid soap.
- Make a thick paste by gradually adding water.
- Apply it to the dirty tiles.
- Wait for 30 minutes.
- Take a toothbrush and scrub all the cracks and joints.
- Sprinkle water on it and dry it with the tea cloth.
Is It Safe To Use Baking Soda For Kitchen Cleaning?
Baking soda is an alkali agent and a pure natural component. It is non-toxic and suitable for elbow grease. Moping the floor with baking soda solution also negates the threat of bacteria and other germs.
3. Vegetable Oil – Unusual But Effective
You may be surprised that vegetable oil and cooking spray can eliminate grout from your kitchen.
How To Clean Tiles In Kitchen With Vegetable Oil?
Take a towel and pour some oil on it. Rub it on the greasy wall and scrub a little in circular motions. Oil will clear the grout and shinny finish look to the tiles.
Furthermore, you can also add tbs of salt into it. Salt will act as a frictional agent and clean the surface more evenly.
4. Borax Powder – Sparkling Clean
Borax is known as sodium tetraborate decahydrate in the U.K. It is a natural cleaning agent that also works wonders in cleaning an induction hob.
How Can I Clean My Dirty Kitchen Tiles Using Borax?
Borax powder: 5 Tbs
Lime Juice: 2Tbs
- Mix Borax powder with lime juice and make a thick paste.
- Apply the paste onto the dirty walls and tiles cracks.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Wipe the dry paste using a sponge
5. Tooth Brush – The Old School Way
Get the all nasty grout and dirt debris stuck into the tiles. This process can take time. But, the end result will be worth it.
How To Clean Really Filthy Tiles and Grout In Kitchen Using Toothbrush?
Take an old toothbrush and dip it into water. By applying force, start scrubbing. This is a time-consuming task, but doing so will save much time in the future.
For a better outcome, you can also use vinegar. This will give a fresh look to your kitchen.
6. Damp Cloth – Mop It Off!
Due to often cooking, the oil particles in steam can stick to the walls and backside of hobs. Regular mopping the floor with a sponge or cloth will clean out all the dirt and food debris. If you’re not a regular moping person, ensure your kitchen extractor fan is venting outside.
7. Lemon Juice – Back To Natural Ingredient
Thanks to its acidic nature, lemon is an incredible cleaning agent. Also, your kitchen will be filled with fresh aroma.
How To Clean Greasy Kitchen Tiles With Lemon Juice?
- Take half a bowl of lemon juice and add a pinch of salt.
- Pour a generous amount onto the sponge, or you can also use a toothbrush.
- Scrub into circular motion gently.
- Spray the tap water after giving it a good scrub for 10 minutes.
It is strongly advised not to let lemon juice dry as it can damage the tile’s outer coating.
8. Bleach – Heavy Duty Cleaning
Bleach is an oxidizing component that is best for disinfecting. If you have white tiles, then bleach will indeed transform your kitchen into a new one like the first day.
How To Clean Kitchen Tiles With Bleach?
- Pour 1 cup of bleach into a half cup of water.
- Transfer the solution into a spray bottle.
- Sprinkle it on the grout and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Take a sponge and scrub it lightly.
- Wipe it off using a paper towel.
Now we are done with the cleaning method, let’s have a quickie on the best beat and the fastest way to clean kitchen tiles.
What Is the Best Non-Toxic Way To Clean Sticky Kitchen Tiles?
Make a thick paste by mixing Lemon Juice, Baking Soda, and White Vinegar. Then, apply the paste onto the wall tiles and dirty ground.
With a sponge, lightly scrub it. Rinse and clean dry. Vinegar is the best component for removing grout from the oven.
What Home Remedy Can You Use For Tough Stains On Tiles?
Take a half bowl of baking soda and mix it with liquid soap. Make a runny paste and apply it to the old stains and grout.
Scrub it gently after waiting 30 minutes. Rinse and dry afterwards.
Tips To Remember
- Daily moping will prolong the shine of the tiles.
- Make sure, you don’t let the grease build.
- Try to clear any oil splash asap.
- Invest in splatter guards.
- It is strongly advised not to use harsh chemicals.
How To Clean Tiles in Kitchen – Wrapping It Up!
Over time, the stains and grout can stick to the kitchen walls. By using daily kitchen ingredients and home remedies, you can clean greasy and sticky tiles.
Baking soda always acts as a quick cleaning agent. The quickest method is to apply soda paste with white vinegar.